HPE Integrity Blade P711M/1G SAS RAID Controller
Use on HPE Integrity BL860c BL870c BL890c i2, i4 and i6 servers
SAS Interconnect board also required to be installed in C3000 or C7000 Blade Enclosure
Available here BK763A
- Smart Array PCIe mezzanine card that connects to a HPE 6Gb/s SAS BL Switch through the c-Class enclosure high-speed mid-plane supporting shared SAS storage.
- Eight (8) 6Gb/s SAS physical links distributed across 4 external 2x ports to supports up to 4 6Gb/s SAS Switches
- Storage interface (SAS/SATA)
- 6Gb/s SAS technology delivers up to 600 MB/s per physical link.
- 3Gb/s SATA technology delivers up to 300 MB/s for directly attached SATA drives.
- Mix-and-match SAS and SATA drives. Deploy drive technology as needed to fit the computing environment.
- Support for SAS tape drives, SAS tape autoloaders and SAS tape libraries.
- RAID controller features
- 1 GB flash-backed write cache (not all of which is available for user data)
- RAID 0, 1, , 5, 6, 50, 60
- RAID configuration for shared storage is controlled by the Array Controller of enclosure the array
- License key for Smart Array Advanced Pack (SAAP) included
- Software consistency among all Smart Array family products: Array Configuration Utility, Systems Insight Manager, Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) and SmartStart
- 1G Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC) provides indefinite write cache data retention in the case of unexpected power outage.
- Multi-path support available in Smart Array firmware when using zoned direct attached storage. Both direct attached storage paths are load balanced for improved performance when using the enclosure in dual domain mode using SAS HDDs.
Online Management Features
- Online Array Expansion
- Online RAID Level Migration Online Stripe Size Migration Online Spares (Global)
- User Selectable Expand and Rebuild Priority
- Online Logical Drive Extension Availability
- Eight (8) 6Gb/s SAS physical links distributed across 4 external 2x ports which supports up to 4 6Gb/s SAS Switches
- 6Gb/s SAS (600MB/s bandwidth per physical link)
- The P711m supports higher performance between the 6G SAS Switch and MDS600 by attaching 2 SAS cables from any quad of 6G SAS Switch ports to the 2 ports on the MDS600 IO module to create an 8x wide SAS port
- 1G Flash Backed Write Cache